EGO SCOOTER LIMITED
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS AND SERVICE
Our website address is: https://egoscooter.co.uk (“our website” or “the website”).
- Throughout these Terms and Conditions of Business and Service the words “we”, “us” and “our” refer to Ego Scooter Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with its registered office at 249 Cranbrook Road, Ilford, Essex IG1 4TG (company registration no 11966205). The words “you” or “your” refer to any customer, users of our website including, without limitation, users who are browsers, vendors, customers or merchants.
- By visiting our website and/ by or purchasing something from us, you engage in our “Service” and you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions of Business and Service” otherwise called “Terms”), including those additional terms and conditions and policies referenced herein and/or available by hyperlink. These Terms apply to all and any person, firm, company or other legal entity who/that purchases any product or service from us and these Terms apply to all users of the site including, without limitation, users who are browsers, vendors, customers, merchants, and/ or contributors of content.
- Please read these Terms and Conditions of Business and Service carefully before accessing or using our website and/or before purchasing placing any order with us to purchase any product or service from us. By accessing or using any part of our website you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the website or use any services. Your continued accessing and/or use of our website and/or your purchase of any of our products or services will be deemed to amount to your full acceptance, and that you fully understand, all of these Terms before any such usage and/or purchase. If these Terms are considered an offer, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
- Any new features or tools which are added to our current store shall also be subject to these Terms. You can review the most current version of these Terms at any time by visting our website or by requesting us to forward to you by email our up to date Terms. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these Terms by posting updates and/or changes to our website. It is your responsibility to check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to our website following the posting of any changes constitutes your acceptance of any such changes.
- Our store is hosted on WordPress.com. WordPress.com provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
SECTION 1 – ONLINE STORE TERMS
- By agreeing to these Terms you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province or Country of residence (for UK residents the age is 18), or that you are the age of majority in your state or province or Country of residence and that you have given us your consent to allow any of your minor dependents to use this site.
- You must not use our products for any illegal or unauthorised purpose nor must you, in the use of any product or service we provide, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You must not transmit to our website or any email address we use any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- A breach or violation of any of the Terms will result in an immediate termination of all and any Service we provide to you.
SECTION 2 – GENERAL CONDITIONS
- We reserve the right to refuse to sell any product or to supply any service to anyone for any reason at any time.
- By agreeing to these Terms you confirm you understand that your content (not including credit card information), may be transferred unencrypted and involve (i) transmissions over various networks; and (ii) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. Credit card information is always encrypted during transfer over networks.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of our website Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service or any contact on the website through which the service is provided, without express written permission by us.
- The headings used in these Terms are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms.
SECTION 3 – ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS AND TIMELINESS OF INFORMATION
- We are not responsible if information made available on our website is not accurate, complete or current. The material on our website is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Any reliance on the material on this site is at your own risk.
- Our website may contain certain historical information. Historical information, necessarily, is not current and is provided for your reference only. We reserve the right to modify the contents of our website at any time, but we have no obligation to update any information on our site. You agree that it is your responsibility to monitor changes to our website.
SECTION 4 – MODIFICATIONS TO THE SERVICE AND PRICES
- Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
- We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue any product and or service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
- We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
SECTION 5 – PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (if applicable)
- Certain products or services may be available exclusively online through the website. These products or services may have limited quantities and are subject to return or exchange only according to our Return Policy.
- We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colours and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any colour will be accurate and so the actual product once received by you may differ slightly in colour or appearance from any image of the same product that appears on our website.
- We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at any time without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
- We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you from us will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
SECTION 6 – DELIVERY
- We will aim to dispatch our electric scooters and other products to you from the UK (via DHL) or aim to facilitate collection of the same within 1 working day or purchase from us. We aim to deliver our product(s) within 7-14 days of you placing an order with us. If we become aware of any likely delayed delivery we will aim to contact you. In the event of a delay it may take up to approximately 8 weeks for us to deliver to you as we might need to arrange delivery from another of our product storage facilities. You will be contacted prior to delivery to arrange a convenient time.
SECTION 7 – ACCURACY OF BILLING AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION
- We reserve the right to refuse to accept any order you place with us. We may, in our sole discretion, limit or cancel quantities purchased per person, per household or per order. These restrictions may include orders placed by or under the same customer account, the same credit card, and/or orders that use the same billing and/or shipping address. In the event that we make a change to or cancel an order, we may attempt to notify you by contacting the e‑mail and/or billing address/phone number provided to us at the time the order was made. We reserve the right to limit or prohibit orders that, in our sole judgment, appear to be placed by dealers, resellers or distributors.
- You agree to provide current, complete and accurate purchase and account information for all purchases made at our store. You agree to promptly update your account and other information, including your email address and credit card numbers and expiration dates, so that we can complete your transactions and contact you as needed.
- For more detail, please see our Returns Policy.
SECTION 8 – OPTIONAL TOOLS
- We may provide you with access to third-party tools over which we neither monitor nor have any control nor input.
- You acknowledge and agree that we provide access to such tools ”as is” and “as available” without us providing or in any way making any warranties, representations or conditions of any kind and without any endorsement. We shall have no liability whatsoever arising from or relating to your use of optional third-party tools.
- Any use by you of optional tools offered through the website is entirely at your own risk and discretion and you should ensure that you are familiar with and approve the terms on which tools are provided by the relevant third-party provider(s).
- We may also, in the future, offer new products and/or services and/or features through the website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall also be subject to these Terms.
SECTION 9 – THIRD-PARTY LINKS
- Certain content, products and services available via our website/Service may include materials from third-parties.
- Third-party links on this site may direct you to third-party websites that are not affiliated with us. We are not responsible for examining or evaluating the content or accuracy and we do not warrant and shall not have any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any third-party materials or websites, or for any other materials, products, or services of third-parties nor for any loss or damage arising from your use of or reliance on such Third Party Links.
- We are and shall not be held liable for any harm, loss or damage(s) whether of a financial, physical or other nature [including any consequential loss or damage(s)] related to the purchase or use of goods, products, services, resources, content, or any other transactions made in connection with any third-party websites. Please review carefully the third-party’s policies and practices and make sure you understand them before you engage in any transaction. Complaints, claims, concerns, or questions regarding third-party products should be directed to the third-party.
SECTION 10 – USER COMMENTS, FEEDBACK AND OTHER SUBMISSIONS
- If, at our request, you send certain specific submissions (for example contest entries) or without a request from us you send creative ideas, suggestions, proposals, plans, or other materials, whether online, by email, by postal mail, or otherwise (collectively, ‘comments’), you agree that we may, at any time, without restriction, edit, copy, publish, distribute, translate and otherwise use in any medium any comments that you forward to us. We are and shall be under no obligation (i) to maintain any comments in confidence; (ii) to pay compensation for any comments; or (iii) to respond to any comments.
- We may, but have no obligation to, monitor, edit or remove content(s) that we determine in our sole discretion to be in any jurisdiction unlawful, offensive, threatening, libellous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party’s intellectual property or these Terms.
- You agree that your comments will not violate any right of any third-party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, personality or other personal or proprietary right. You further agree that your comments will not contain libellous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material, or contain any computer virus or other malware that could in any way affect the operation of the Service or any related website. You may not use a false e‑mail address, pretend to be someone other than yourself, or otherwise mislead us or third-parties as to the origin of any comments. You are solely responsible for any comments you make and their accuracy. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any comments posted by you or any third-party.
SECTION 11 – PERSONAL INFORMATION
SECTION 12 – ERRORS, INACCURACIES AND OMISSIONS
- Occasionally there may be information on our website or in the Service that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, promotions, offers, product shipping charges, transit times and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information in the Service or on any related website is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
- We have obligation to update, amend or clarify information in the website, Service or on any related website, including without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied in the Service or on any related website, should be taken to indicate that all information in the Service or on any related website has been modified or updated.
SECTION 13 – PROHIBITED USES
- In addition to other prohibitions as set forth in these Terms, you are prohibited from using the website or its content: (i) for any unlawful purpose; (ii) to solicit others to perform or participate in any unlawful acts; (iii) to violate any international, Government, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances; (iv) to infringe upon or violate our intellectual property rights or the intellectual property rights of others; (v) to harass, abuse, insult, harm, defame, slander, disparage, intimidate, or discriminate based on gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, race, age, national origin, or disability; (vi) to submit false or misleading information; (vii) to upload or transmit viruses or any other type of malicious code that will or may be used in any way that will affect the functionality or operation of the website/Service or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet; (viii) to collect or track the personal information of others; (ix) to spam, phish, pharm, pretext, spider, crawl, or scrape; (x) for any obscene or immoral purpose; or (xi) to interfere with or circumvent the security features of the website/Service or any related website, other websites, or the Internet. We reserve the right to terminate your use of the Service or any related website for violating any of the prohibited uses.
SECTION 14 – DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- We do not guarantee, represent or warrant that your use of our website/Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free.
- We do not warrant that the results that may be obtained from the use of the website/Service will be accurate or reliable.
- You agree that from time to time we may remove the website/Service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the service at any time, without notice to you.
- You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the website/Service is at your sole risk. The website/Service and all products and services delivered to you through the website/Service are (except as expressly stated by us) provided ‘as is’ and ‘as available’ for your use, without any representation, warranties or conditions of any kind, either express or implied, including all implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, merchantable quality, fitness for a particular purpose, durability, title, and non-infringement.
- In no case shall EGo Scooter Ltd, our director(s), officers, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, service providers or licensors be liable for any injury, loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise, arising from your use of any of the website/Service and/or from your use of any product purchased from us whether purchased via our website or by any other form of direct lease or sale to you (such as for, example but without limitation, by being leased or sold to you from any shop, at any exhibition or from elsewhere), or for any other claim related in any way to your use of the website/Service or any product we have sold, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the website/Service or any content (or product) posted, transmitted, or otherwise made available via the service, even if advised of their possibility. For the avoidance of doubt and irrespective of whether any country or jurisdiction does or does not allow the exclusion or the limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and our liability shall be limited to the maximum extent permitted by the laws of England and Wales.
SECTION 15 – WARRANTY INFORMATION, SALES OF PRODUCTS, DELIVERY AND RETURNS
- Our EGo scooters are covered by our comprehensive two year warranty which applies to all components including the battery. Our warranty applies to new scooters purchased via this website or otherwise direct from us and is not transferable. We will normally send out replacement components with instructions to fit but in the rare case where this is not possible we may send out a technician, or customers may be required to return their scooter for repair – the decision to send out a technician or to request the returns of the product to us for repair shall be at our sole discretion. The warranty does not apply to “consumable” items like tyres, tubes, brakes and chargers, or to components which fail as a result of abuse or accident.
- The prices advertised by us whether on our website or elsewhere are for orders placed and include VAT and delivery in UK only. Prices and availability of items are subject to change without notice.
- We repeat Section 6 above ie we will aim to dispatch our electric scooters and other products to you from the UK (via DHL) or aim to facilitate collection of the same within 1 working day or purchase from us. We aim to deliver our product(s) within 7-14 days of you placing an order with us. If we become aware of any likely delayed delivery we will aim to contact you. In the event of a delay it may take up to approximately 8 weeks for us to deliver to you as we might need to arrange delivery from another of our product storage facilities. You will be contacted prior to delivery to arrange a convenient time.
- In the unlikely event that the product arrives damaged or faulty, please contact us immediately and we will take action to remedy the problem as soon as possible. Your statutory rights are unaffected.
- If something does go wrong with your vehicle which cannot be rectified by a local workshop, please get in touch with us. We will arrange collection of your scooter and return it to our workshop to undertake any repairs and return to you in perfect working order. If it is found that the fault has been caused by misuse or unqualified tampering we will be entitled to charge you for any costs incurred including courier charges.
- The specifications advertised on our website are those supplied by the scooter manufacturers. Please note that the range of electric vehicles is dependent on a number of factors including body weight, terrain, wind speed, weather conditions including external temperature and the maximum ranges quoted can by no means be guaranteed.
- We have taken the appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is not unlawfully processed. eGo Scooter uses industry standard practices to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal identifiable information. During the payment process, we ask for personal information that both identifies you and enables us to communicate with you. We will use this information only for legitimate purposes directly connected to your purchase.
SECTION 16 – INDEMNIFICATION
- You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless EGo Scooter Ltd and any parent, subsidiary, affiliates, partners, officers, directors, agents, contractors, licensors, service providers, subcontractors, suppliers, interns and employees, harmless from and against all and any loss, damage, claim or demand, including legal fees and associated expenses on a full indemnity basis, made by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these Terms or the documents they incorporate by reference, or your violation of any law or the rights of a third-party.
SECTION 17 – SEVERABILITY
- In the event that any provision of these Terms is determined to be unlawful, void or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
SECTION 18 – TERMINATION
- The obligations and liabilities of the parties incurred prior to the termination date shall survive the termination of this agreement for all purposes.
- These Terms shall continue to remain effective and enforceable by us irrespective of you ceasing to use our website/Services and/or any product supplied by us to you.
- If in our sole judgment you fail, or we suspect that you have failed, to comply with any term or provision of these Terms, we also may terminate this agreement at any time without notice and you will remain liable for all amounts due up to and including the date of termination; and/or accordingly may deny you access to our website/Services (or any part thereof).
SECTION 19 – ENTIRE AGREEMENT
- The failure of us to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- These Terms of Service and any policies or operating rules posted by us on our website or in respect to any Service or product we provide constitutes the entire agreement and understanding between you and us and govern your use of our website/Service and/or your use of any of our products and supersedes any prior or contemporaneous agreements, communications and proposals, whether oral or written, between you and us (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of these Terms).
SECTION 20 – GOVERNING LAW
- These Terms and any separate agreement(s) whereby we provide you with products and/or Services shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
SECTION 21 – CHANGES TO TERMS OF SERVICE
- See paragraph (iv) above under the section headed “Overview”
SECTION 22 – CONTACT INFORMATION
- Any questions about these Terms or if for any other reason you wish to contact us you should contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.